Saturday, October 15, 2011

PE_4 Myna & Podbean

For my RILS I chose to become an expert on the sound editing program called Myna. Myna is one of the programs of a suit of programs found on http://www.aviary.com. Myna allows you to record, create, and edit sounds and music. It's final product is an mp3 or wav file that can be downloaded or uploaded to the Internet for you to share or others to listen to.

I have done podcasting before and have taught it to teachers as well. I have always used Audacity and some podcast-hosting site or taught my participants how to create a wiki or blog to post their own mp3 players. I have had many teachers tell me that Audacity can be a little intimidating especially when it came to inserting music for intros and outros. Finding royalty free and public domain music has also been a serious challenge. So I was looking for a replacement that may be a little more intuitive to work with and one that made having access to music easier.


Podbean was not a stretch for me because its just a plain "ole" good social network sharing site. For those who care and have a background in it, Podbean is built on a wordpress engine. The blog it creates to share podcasts is a Wordpress blog.



The first challenge I had with Myna was understanding how to create music. When I began this search Myna used a music library called Quantum Tracks which contained hundreds of music tracks broken down into measures and segments of music. It contained an intro track, ending track, and several loops when placed together in different order would make an unique music track. But as of this blog Myna's license to Quantum expired and because Myna is free through Aviary it could not renew. So the volume of available beats and loops had decreased tremendously. Good news was it made me learn to create my own beats.

Follow my journey to understanding how to create beats and learn the Myna program by watching my video tutorials. My ultimate goal is to produce a podcast using Myna to record and produce music and then publish to Podbean.com for others to learn and comment.

Instructions: To view the video title select the icon from the list beneath the screenshot below. Select "Full Screen" for best viewing. Depending on the speed of your computer and your Internet connection allow time for the video to buffer.

Loading
Loading Viddler Videos

    Powered By Viddler

    No comments:

    Post a Comment